Parks (Permanent Orienteering Courses)
You need a map pack to use an orienteering course, these are available to purchase on-site at most courses and some are available below to download and to print in advance at home.
Select the course you are interested in from the current list of permanent courses below, or from the overview map. Click on the course name to get full details and downloads.
Park based courses:
- Upton Country Park, Upton
- Poole Park, Poole
- Littledown Centre, Bournemouth
- Kings Park, Bournemouth
- Slades Park, Bournemouth
- Broadstone Recreation Ground
- Holton Lee, Holton Heath
- Seafront Orienteering, Boscombe
- Queens Park, Charminster
- Darby’s Lane Park, Poole Canford Heath
- Hamworthy Park Poole, Hamworthy
- Alexandra Park Poole Parkstone
Forest based courses:
- Moors Valley Country Park, Between Verwood and St Ives
- Studland – This is a delightful beach area with grass covered dunes and sandy pathways leading out from the National Trust car park at Knoll Beach.
- Brownsea Island – Owned by the National Trust this island has lots of history (the Scouting movement started here) as well as plenty of interesting flora and fauna. Being surrounded by water it is an ideal place to try out your orienteering skills in a safe environment.